In virtually every country, the cost of healthcare is increasing more rapidly than the willingness and the ability to pay for it. At the same time, more and more data is being captured around healthcare processes in the form of Electronic Health Records (EHR), health insurance claims, medical imaging databases, disease registries, spontaneous reporting sites, and clinical trials. In addition, it has been more and more prevalent that people search for health related information on the web. These information effectively complements the clinical data by capturing the healthcare needs from patients and providers. As a result, web search and data mining (WSDM) technologies has become critical to the healthcare world.
In view of this trend, for the first time WSDM is organizing its healthcare day. The goal is to provide a forum bridging the researchers and professionals in both WSDM and healthcare world. The healthcare day features keynote speeches, panel discussions and paper author presentations.
We invite full papers and work-in-progress on the intersections of WSDM and healthcare. Topic areas for the healthcare day include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Statistical analysis and characterization of healthcare data
- Health information retrieval technologies such as learning to rank
- Web mining and social network analysis for healthcare
- Biomedical natural language processing and text mining
- Visual analysis and exploration of healthcare data
- Meaningful use of healthcare data for improved patient care and cost-reduction
- Data quality assessment and improvement
- Pattern detection and hypothesis generation from observational data
- Visualization of prescriptions drugs and interactions
- Privacy and security issues in healthcare
- Information fusion and knowledge transfer in healthcare
- Evolutionary and longitudinal patient and disease models
- Medical fraud detection
- Model interpretability and fairness for healthcare decision making
- Integrative mining of both clinical and web data
Papers must be submitted in PDF using the EasyChair submission system and formatted according to the new Standard ACM Conference Proceedings Template. Papers must be a maximum length of 4 pages, including references.
The program committee will select the papers based on originality, presentation, and technical quality for spotlight and/or poster presentation.
*The Healthcare Day will be jointly held with the HSDM 2020 Workshop!
|Submissions due||December 1, 2019|
|Notifications||December 15, 2019|
|Healthcare Day (+ HSDM 2020)||February 3, 2020|
All deadlines are 11:59pm, anywhere in the world (Alofi time).