The Industry Day event will take place on the first day of the WSDM conference, Monday, Feb. 21, 2022 (President’s Day).
The WSDM Industry Chairs are inviting submissions for technical talks that cover the usage of web search and data mining in an industrial setting. The talks may address challenges, solutions, and case studies of interesting and innovative systems as well as applied research in relevant areas. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Data mining, machine learning and web search innovations and applications in practical scenarios
- User behavior patterns and insights as demonstrated in large-scale web search and data mining applications
- Building and optimizing modeling pipelines & production systems to deliver business impact
- Case studies addressing practical challenges such as data, privacy, integrity, scale, regulation, etc.
WSDM is a technical conference, so preference will be given to talks describing applied research and technical challenges that can generalize rather than product presentations.
Each presentation will be 20-30 minutes long including Q&A. Submissions should include:
- Title and abstract
- Speaker’s bio
- (optional, but strongly recommended) Links to video of previous technical talks given by the speaker.
Industry speakers are invited to submit talk proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Submissions Open||August 9, 2021|
|Notifications||December 3, 2021|
|Industry Day||February 21, 2022|
All deadlines are 11:59pm, anywhere in the world.
Industry Day Chairs
Questions about the Industry Day should be directed to: email@example.com