WSDM (pronounced “wisdom”) is one of the premier conferences on web-inspired research involving search and data mining. The 17th ACM International WSDM Conference will take place in Mérida, Mexico (in-person conference with virtual elements), from March 4th to March 8th, 2024.
The WSDM 2024 Day will be held at the WSDM conference on March 8th, 2024. This year, the aim is to discuss the “State of Data Mining & Web Search in LATAM”.
The objectives of the WSDM Day are:
- To promote WSDM-aligned topics of relevance to LATAM.
- To increase the participation of relevant LATAM parties, e.g. Academia, Industry, Government, in the WSDM community and to open collaboration opportunities.
The organizing committee invites submissions for talk proposals on topics aligned with those set forth in the call for papers of the main conference, with a focus on issues that are relevant to LATAM as described below. The talk proposals would be peer reviewed, and the accepted proposals would be presented during the WSDM Day.
List of Topics
In addition to topics of the main conference, relevant topics include, but are not limited, to:
- Models and resources for the indigenous languages of America
- Cultural biases in recommender/e-commerce systems
- Data science and AI in social systems
- Data mining education
- Foundation models applications
- Use of websearch in the conservation of species and natural spaces
- Copyright regimes and web research
- Crowdsourcing and Human Computation
Link for Submissions
All papers must be original and not simultaneously be submitted to another journal or conference.
Manuscripts should be 1 to 2 pages (including references) and follow the ACM format. Formatting guidelines are available at this ACM publication site (use the ˮInterim” proceedings template, two-column format).
- Outline of the presentation. Elaborate the significance of the problem (whether it is of academic, social, or industrial relevance).
- Short biographical sketch for each author (~100 words).
The authors of accepted proposals will be invited to submit a camera-ready copy to be included in the proceedings following the ACM.
The presentation format will be short oral presentations (e.g., talks ranging from 10 to 20 minutes). At least one author of each accepted presentation needs to be registered and be able to present the work during WSDM Day 2024.
In case of acceptance, at least one of the authors for the contribution must have an in-person registration for the conference (even when presenting virtually).